I'm starting a weekly post for recipes here on the blog every Sunday.
I'll either give y'all a recipe or review a recipe and go step by step in making it.
Without further ado, let's get baking!
Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Muffins (ala Olivia*) from The Lagasse Girls in The Gluten Free Table Cookbook
- 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups of all- purpose gluten free flour blend (I used this one minus the tapioca flour)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (I used a heaping 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (I used Clabber Girl)
- 1 heaping teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (I substituted a teaspoon and a half of cinnamon with 1/2 a teaspoon of ginger, and a 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg)
- Pinch of nutmeg (I skipped this)
- 1/3 cup of dried natural cranberries (I used a 1/4 cup) These aren't in the picture below.
- 1/2 cup of milk (I used vanilla soy milk)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of orange zest (I switched things up and didn't do this, instead I put in about 4 tablespoons of apple cider which also isn't pictured)
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted (mine wasn't unsalted) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon of all-natural vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2) Line one 12- cup muffin tin or two 6- cup tins with paper muffin cups. (Or do what I do and just grease the tin.)
3) In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour blend, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, and cranberries and stir with a fork to mix well. (it will look like the picture below)
5) Add the canned pumpkin to the wet mixture and stir well. (It will look like the picture below.)
The recipe does have some other steps past this point, but I haven't found these steps necessary in my making of these muffins.
So. . . . .