Today, I'm doing a tutorial on making guacamole in a molcajete!
- 3 Ripe Avocados, medium sized
- 1/4 cup of Rotel- style tomatoes and green chiles
- 1/8 cup of finely chopped fresh onion. (I prefer white or purple, but yellow can work too.)
- 1 tablespoon of pickled jalapeño juice. You can also add finely chopped jalapeño itself if you like.
- 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of lime juice. This depends on flavor preference, and if you are eating it immediately after making or later. (If being served later in the day, add the 1/2 cup so it doesn't turn brown.)
- A few sprigs of cilantro, chopped.
If using the knife and spoon method, check out this post on cutting it open and removing the pit. Then spoon all of the flesh into your molcajete (or a sturdy bowl of your choice)
If using the tool, cut open the avocado, remove the pit, and immediately scoop all the avocado flesh into your molcajete:
Don't use all of it yet -- just enough to coat the avocado.
Chop up your cilantro, add in ALL of your ingredients -- minus the remaining lime juice.
Let me know if you make it, and if you like it in the comments below!
I always love hearing from you!